Saturday, 2 January 2010

Happy New Year!

The festive season has passed so quickly! It was a fairly quiet one here, with visits from family and friends just before Christmas, and just one extra for Christmas dinner - our lovely neighbour B. We've all had a turn at being poorly over the holidays with a horrible throaty, virussy thing that's made each one of us feel utterly rotten so it was just as well that it was a quiet time!
Feeling under the weather made me stop...made me take time out to just sit, watch old films, enjoy time with my family...and I have to say it's been a real treat! I've been able to catch up on some reading, to browse through some magazines before they are months out of date, and managed to do some non-rebeccamaryjane's knitting! I made each of the children a pair of wrist warmers.
Today, I am starting to put the house back into normal mode...I've made a neat pile of all the cards we received and have taken a couple of decorations down in the kitchen...I shall do a little more tomorrow, after all there's still another couple of days before hubby returns to work and the children are back at school! So, for now, I can tell myself it's still the holidays...time for a cup of tea and a chunk of the delicious, homemade Christmas cake that was part of the delightful foodie Christmas present we received from our neighbours...mmm!
I tend not to make "resolutions" as such, but I have told myself that I am going to be more organised in 2010, part of which involves updating this blog more often - so watch this space to see how I get on! It also involves doing ironing on a more regular basis! I hope that the coming year is kind to us all and, above all, I hope that it is a year of good health and happiness.
Happy New Year!
Rebecca
x

5 comments:

  1. A very Happy New Year!
    Hope 2010 is a good one for you
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you....
    Blimey, it seems everyone has has 'THE BUG'...!?
    Hope 2010 is good to you & yours... & about Lynn's comment over at Sea angels, she encoraged
    me to submit some of my work to a magazine, last year, so fingers crossed... & watch this space..?!
    Marion :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Rebecca!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you will visit often in 2010

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words on my post. Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? We are in rawdon near Leeds...helen (cocoa and blankets)

    ReplyDelete