Monday, 11 January 2010

Warming up

The temperature has risen slightly here overnight, leading to a slow thaw of the thick blanket of snow that has had us all snuggled indoors for the last few days. I much prefer the snow to this cold and slushy Monday morning! However, looking on the bright side, it has meant that everyone has been able to carry on as normal this morning - hubby has gone to work and both children are at school, which has meant that I have had the house to myself for the first time since before the Christmas holidays.

I've made up patterns for these crocheted and knitted hearts, which are felting in the washing machine as I type. These will be part of a heart themed workshop at the end of this month.

It's been very quiet this morning and I've missed having everyone here! But, there's only a little of yesterday's homemade roasted carrot soup leftover...just enough for lunch for one with some of the bread that's just come out of the oven! Yummy!

Time to warm up the soup!
Back soon,
Rebecca
x

9 comments:

  1. Funnily enough,I got out my Portmeirion plates yesterday, for a change!
    The soup looks yummy and I love the knitted hearts!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the hearts - great colours!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hearts are adorable.

    I could have done with some of that yummy soup today.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing them felted!
    One day I will knit or crochet some hearts.....one day!
    Love
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soup looks yummy. I use my Portmeirion evry day. Looking forward to the photo of the felted hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yummy knitted hearts, great colour,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of felted hearts - hope we see the end result too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hearts are absolutely fabulous! Where did you find the pattern, or did you come up with it yourself?

    ReplyDelete