Friday, 15 January 2010

Hearts and Plans

How is it Friday again already? Where has this week of being 'back to normal' disappeared to? It's been a strange kind of week really...one filled with odd jobs and catching up!

I've finished the felted hearts for the wool shop workshop at the end of the month.

I used a yarn called Wash+Filz-it!. It comes in gorgeous colours and it felts beautifully in the washing machine, giving a sumptuously thick end result.

I made two of the knitted red hearts into a little pin cushion and stitched the pretty, multi-coloured crocheted heart onto a small calico bag. I have had quite a few enquiries about the patterns so I am going to post them here and here for you. Both patterns are my own, so I hope you will be able to make sense of them - please do let me know if you cannot understand what on earth I'm talking about and I'll try to help! Of course, you could always book a place on the workshop at Knit & Stitch in Maltby (Tel: 01709 817944) on Saturday 30th January (1.30-3.30pm)! It would be lovely to meet you there!

This week I've thinking a lot about my little business, rebeccamaryjane's, and where it will be heading in 2010. I've started work on my own website, and there are couple of exciting things in the pipeline that could turn out to be very exciting! I've been thinking about new colours and designs...I've been thinking about organising some more workshops...oh, the possibilities...I have so much spinning around in my head! So, just sometimes, it is nice (and necessary) to take a break and sit down with a cuppa and a good book...

My selection from the library this week...'good books' don't have to be fiction do they? I quite fancy squeezing in knitting or crocheting myself a hat...I will find the time somewhere!

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I love those little heart pins in the sweet heart pincushion! Also like your library book selection. I haven't been to my local library for quite a while - I'm inspired to get there tomorrow and see what's on the shelves.

    BTW - I've nominated you for an award on my blog. Take a look at this link if you would like to participate. Regards Julia

    http://handknittedthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshine-award_29.html

    ReplyDelete