Thursday, 18 March 2010

I'd forgotten...

how difficult it is to learn to knit! Trying to teach sixteen Brownies how to do it soon reminded me though! Most of them seemed to enjoy it and were keen to learn but, of course, there were also some "I can't do it" and "It's too hard" girlies! I am hoping to have them all knitting away by the end of next week's session!

Pink was a popular choice!
So...I now have 16 balls of wool attached to 16 pairs of knitting needles, each with a row of cast on stitches (or not!/or knots!) that, by the end of next week's session...
will become one of these:
Looks like I have a bit of untangling and knitting to do this week so that each of the Brownies will be able to take home a little knitted egg cosy in time for Easter!
In the meantime, I've been inspired to have a boiled egg for lunch!
Back soon,
Rebecca
x

4 comments:

  1. Well done you! These girls will remember you for the rest of their knitting lives! Regards Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rebecca, I can't believe you are teaching 16 brownies to knit. I found it exhausting teaching my 9 year old to knit, let alone 16 girls.

    Good luck, you must have lots and lots and lots of patience.

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing for the brownies to do. All those balls of wool are wonderful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing for the brownies to do. All those balls of wool are wonderful colours too.

    ReplyDelete