Saturday, 27 February 2010

Things that make me cheerful:

1. Making and creating with the children at my art and craft workshops

I had a lovely time with a small group during half term making fridge magnets out of old CDs, bottle top bugs and fish mobiles. This week I have been asked to run a twice weekly after school arts and crafts club at a primary school nearby, which is very exciting. I start on 8th March and I am so looking forward to it!

2. Vintage embroidery

I received this pretty embroidered table cloth in the post from my mum and it makes me feel very cheerful indeed! Such pretty colours to brighten these dull, damp and cold days that we've been having. Oh, how I am looking forward to Spring, its flowers and, hopefully, some sunshine - I'm sure that would make us all feel a lot more cheerful!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend (whatever the weather!).

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps she's Mary Mary Quite Contrary in her garden full of flowers! I am so looking forward to Spring too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca
    I am just getting back into crafting with children in the shape of my grandson who is 3 tomorrow. You forget as you get older what pleasure sparkly paper, pipe cleaners & glue can be, and their imagination is priceless. Good luck with your new projects. Love the tablecloth by the way I have just purchased a similar one from a local car bootand can't wait for tea in the garden to use it.
    Regards Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations with your new club. There's nothing quite like craft with children and sharing their sense of achievement. I seem to recognise some of the crochet books in your last post, I'm sure I had a couple of them (that's making me feel a bit vintage myself)LOL!
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crinoline lady and the way that her bonnet strings are streaming out behind her!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete