Sunday, 22 November 2009

Learn to Crochet Workshop

I had such an enjoyable day yesterday in the company of five lovely ladies who attended the Learn to Crochet Day Workshop that I first blogged about back in September (where has all that time gone?).

What could be better on a dull and damp Saturday than to spend the day crocheting!

I took plenty of wool...

We had coffee, flapjack and choc chip cookies...learning to crochet is such thirsty work!
I am annoyed with myself that, having remembered to take the camera, I did not take any photos of the workshop in progress...I was far too busy! The leftover homemade choc chip cookies disappeared very quickly when I returned home last night - thanks to my hubby and a teenage son who is always on the look out for food!
I made roasted root vegetable soup with homemade bread (wholemeal, granary and tomato & herb) for lunch. I had some of the leftover soup for my lunch today...mmm, yummy!
I took a selection of English cheeses (Somerset Camembert, Stilton, Cheddar & Wensleydale) with apples, bananas and grapes. We all sat down together around a large table that had been beautifully set by my dear daughter, who did all the kitcheny things, which allowed me to spend the maximum amount of time teaching the lovely ladies how to crochet. She looked after us all very well indeed.
We had tea and cakes in the afternoon - chocolate sponge, fruit cake and lemon drizzle buns!
I am so pleased with how things went, especially as it was the first time that I have organised my own workshop day, and I was delighted with the feedback I received from the five lovely ladies that attended. One of those lovely ladies was Carol, who had found out about the workshop through my blog, and you can read her very kind comments about yesterday here. It was such a pleasure to meet Carol and the other ladies, who are all keen to hear about future workshops and sessions. My mind is spinning with all the exciting possibilities....so watch this space to find out what is next!
Bye for now,
Rebecca
x

3 comments:

  1. OOOOh let me know if you do another. I can sort of crochet but the look of one of your workshops is very tempting indeed!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention the scrumptious homemade food! Absolutely delicious, no wonder your husband and son tucked in to the leftovers!
    You will be pleased to know I am practising my crochet but I still find the foundation row hard.
    Hope the ideas for future workshops etc. work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had been there.I can crochet but there is always more to learn.

    ReplyDelete