Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Catching up & moving forward



Those apples were delicious...their gorgeous pinkiness inside reminded me of the lovely hank of Araucania wool that I bought from Coldspring Mill in early summer...and that I had planned to use it to knit myself some hand warmers for this winter! This is quite a draughty house in winter and once my hands are cold, that's it...I can't knit, sew or crochet and they take forever to warm up again - hence the need for some new hand warmers, which do the job perfectly!! Although the weather is glorious today, I'd better get knitting!!

Now that the children have gone back to school, it is time for me to catch up on everything that slips by the wayside during the holidays - some household chores, lots to do with 'rebeccamaryjane's' and exciting new ventures, some of which I shall share here and now, some of which I shall save for another time when I know a little more!!

I have been teaching workshops at a local wool shop since the spring and have always loved the idea of running my own workshop. So here it is:




I am so excited about it !! I am pleased to have found such a lovely venue and to have the opportunity to combine two of my favourite things - crochet and cooking! I've had some enquiries already, which I'm pleased about as I've only really started promoting the workshop this week. I was quite surprised to discover that I would not be able to have a poster in my local library without paying £13 for 1 poster in 1 library, or £26 to have 1 poster in all the local library branches!! For the time being, I'm keeping with the offers of free poster display!! It's all a new, steep learning curve...but lots of fun! In case you're having trouble reading the poster picture, the Learn to Crochet workshop is on Saturday 21st November (10am-4pm) at The Old School, Barnby Dun, South Yorkshire - the cost is £45, which includes workshop materials, morning coffee, homemade lunch, and afternoon tea. If you'd like more details, please get in touch - rebeccamjm@hotmail.com

Time for a cup of coffee and then off to distribute some more posters!

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

7 comments:

  1. I wish I lived a it closer - I'd definitely come along - I really want to learn to crochet! Hope it goes well!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I can spot Portmeirion a mile away. I have been collecting from many many years. I'm still not one bit tired of it yet. I have to search a little more to find, but can still pick up a piece or two every now and then. What a great display with the apples and crochet...My two other passions.

    Botanical Hugs,

    The Garden Bell = Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it goes well for you Rebecca. If it does you can do others?
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teach me! teach me! Oh Rebecca how I long for a crochet tutor, PLEASE come to the Garden of England and teach me and Pomona!

    I love your pictures of your chunky winter flower broaches too,

    Love Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish you could do that up here! I would so love to come along. Am astonished that you have to pay to have a poster up in the library - that's awful. Ours positively encourages the putting up of posters on their notice board.
    Good luck with it all.
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled into your blog and now I fee like I am in heaven. I simply adore what you have done to your blog. It is refreshingly interesting, a delight for the eye with loads of lovely photos. I am now a proud follower of your blog and will link your blog to mine.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of the lucky ones - I live locally so have signed up for Rebecca's workshop.
    Really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete