Thursday, 17 September 2009

Joy

My little bundle of joy....
is 16 years old today! 16 - how did that happen? It reminds me how much truth there is in the words of a poem that I used to keep on the fridge door when the children were small:

I hope that my children look back on today
And
remember a mother who had time to play.
Children grow up while you're not looking;
There will be years and years for cleaning and cooking.
So hush now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Little did I realise 16 years ago what a wonderful daughter, friend, young woman she would become - I am very lucky indeed. Happy Birthday D! xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    Lovely poem, I am really trying to cherish every day of my baby son being a baby as I can see that it really passes so fast.
    Lots of love,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby she was! I bet just as beautiful now too. I constantly have to remind myself that there are some things just not as important as my baby. My dear Grandma used to say, when mum mourned her lack of gardening time, "your babies are your fruits and flowers right now". I like that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely poem - I have always said that no one wishes on their deathbed that they had done more housework! More knitting, maybe! But they do grow up so fast - it does seem the twinkling of an eye.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your daughter! You have to savour the time you get with them as it does fly by. My daughter was 9 last month and I already feel as if it is all going so fast.
    It is so true what you say about children grow up while you are not looking. It's good to be reminded!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebbecca thanks for your comments, things are really slow in the craft dept...
    (What about you..?)
    Dunno what that's all about..? Dunno weather to close shop on folksy or open another on etsy.. or give up... So dis-heartening when you work on something...looks like others aren't selling much either,than goodness I do this as a hobby, & not earn a living from it...
    Marion ;0)

    ReplyDelete