Monday, 17 August 2009

Twittering about at Home

The plus side of not going away this weekend was that some things got done around the house!

Hubby made a start on the much needed painting of the outside of the house and managed to complete the sanding and undercoating. DIY is his least favourite pursuit of all, so I'm quite pleased that this job is now a work in progress! Of course, it probably means that it will rain every weekend so that it takes forever to finish the job, but at least it's a start!!

I finished a cushion for the sofa...I know, it has a button and a flower...sometimes I just can't help myself!!

I also listed a few more things in my Folksy and Etsy shops, and found time to explore Twitter! I have to say that I'm still a little unsure about the whole twittering thing...what should I tweet about? Obviously, I would like to use it to promote 'rebeccamaryjane's', but I don't want it to turn into a 'look what I made, buy it here' kind of thing. However, I do need to find a way to increase my sales and I'm finding that a lot of people have never even heard of Folksy and Etsy!! Any tips?

Poorly boy is feeling much better, thank you - indicated by the return of his favourtie words, "I'm hungry" and "What's for lunch?" So, I guess that my cue to go and butter some rolls...

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

3 comments:

  1. Sorry no tips I'm quite baffled by Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cushion - the stem and leaves are very effective.
    I've never been able to get Etsy to work for me. My own website where hubby has uploaded search terms to Goggle is seeming a better option. I've heard alot recently about Notonthehighstreet.com - so I may try this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cushion - I too need to start on the Christmas makes

    ReplyDelete