Saturday, 15 August 2009

Lemony Cheer

I love the look of luscious lemons in a bowl...

and the taste of homemade, luscious lemon drizzle buns with a nice cup of tea!

We've all been feeling a little down in the dumps today as we should be have been in Norfolk this weekend to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday and my niece's 6th birthday, but we had to put off our visit due to my son not being well for the second time this holiday! Poor lad - terrible headache, raging temperature and generally feeling awful! My husband keeps asking if he's "craving truffles" in an attempt to make light of the possibility of it being swine flu! Needless to say, he's not impressed!
Thank heavens for lemons!
Rebecca
x

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca, hope you saved me a cake!
    Such a shame you did not get away, and poor little boy, on top of him feeling bad too!
    I love the granny square cushion you have made, lovely colour combination.
    Love
    Lyn
    PS and another thing in common-we both live in Yorkshire!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca!

    sorry about your poorly boy! its awful when theyre ill in the holidays! Poor things. we had two bouts of chicken pox one after the other one summer holiday which pretty much meant staying in for the whole summer (while my boy strocked my hair constantly for comfort!).

    couldn't find you on twitter....tried rebeccamaryjane like you said. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca,
    I am sorry to hear that your boy is not well, hope he can get well soon.
    I just ADORE lemon drizzle cake and yours looks so yummy!!
    x

    ReplyDelete