Friday, 3 July 2009

It's so dark...

Yes... summer could well be over here in Yorkshire! It's raining, about 10 degrees cooler than at this time yesterday and it's so dark that I need the light on to see my sewing this morning!!

Here's a little taster of some of things I've been making for the village fete I'm attending on Sunday:

A range of sewing accessories - with a bit of a patriotic theme!




Flower brooches...lots of them...all different!!


I had hoped to take some more photos today... hopefully, it will brighten up later!

For Sunday, I'm not asking much...just that it is DRY, please! Last year, the fete was ruined by heavy rain and the year before it was cancelled completely because of the floods.

Well...must go now to finish making, labelling, organising, as well as squeezing in a bit of baking (empty tins again!!) and general tidying before everyone comes home this afternoon!

Have a lovely weekend!

Rebecca
x

6 comments:

  1. I love the reds and blues together!
    Good luck with your stall!
    Have a great weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, just popped over vis Sal's Snippets. I've a stall booked tomorrow at our Village Fete so am praying for sunshine!
    This will be my second stall. I love making things for it but find the tagging bit very monotonous.
    I'll be back to read more of your blog. Did you read Miss Pettigrew? I read it a month or so ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the sun is out now Rebecca in West Yorkshire so hopefully you will have some too.
    I love the flower brooches, you have been busy. I am doing 'Make Do and Mend' next september with my year four children-trying to teach 30 X 9-10 year olds how to knit a dishcloth!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photo of the brooches amongst the daises, good luck with your stall!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca,
    It's my first visit to your blog via Sal's. Hope tomorrow is nice and dry so you can have a great fĂȘte.
    Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the offer-I might just take you up on it!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete