Saturday, 28 August 2010

Muddy delights!

Thanks to our allotment-keeping friends, whose son plays rugby with ours, this is what came home from rugby training on Thursday evening:


Crates of mud-covered beetroot, courgettes, squashes and spinach...a very pleasant change indeed from the muddy boots and dirty washing that usually lands in the kitchen after training!

Spinach and potato soup is simmering away as I type, the beetroot is ready for the oven and I've been consulting my Women's Institute Book of Preserves and Pickles for chutney recipe ideas as the courgettes are more of marrow proportions! I love pottering around in the kitchen...the simple things make me so happy!

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I haven't been by for a while, so I just wanted to see what you've been up to! I love your new blog background and banner. Your trip to Italy looks wonderful! I've never been there. I always love to hear about what you're cooking up, sounds yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete