Saturday, 24 April 2010

And the winner is...

Congratulations Becca! I shall be sending the parcel of goodies to you next week. Thank you so much to everyone that took the time to leave a comment - I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them all!

This week I've been making these with the children at art club...

...we've called them "squidgies" and I now have around 35 of the creatures waiting for me in the kitchen! Job for today: to give the Squidgies their squidgy filling and stitch them up!

I don't normally buy craft magazines, but I just had to get a copy of May's Knitting magazine as my Flower Hair Grips are featured in the 'Get Inspired' section (top right hand corner!).
I have to say it is a lovely magazine - I'm particularly looking forward to reading the 'WI Controversial: The Changing Face of the Women's Institute' article and I love this Strawberries and Cream Tea Cosy pattern by Patti di Cagli.
As it's another sunny day outside, I shall be doing a little more weeding, sorting and planning in the garden later. Lettuce, rocket, beetroot and mangetout seeds went in last weekend - a little late, but we always get there in the end! I am planning a good sort out at the bottom of the garden by the pond so that I can scatter some wild flower seeds and just wait to see what happens! Hopefully, a colourful display in late summer! Watch this space...
Back soon,
Rebecca
x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, thank you so much! I am so excited!!! I look forward to receiving your parcel and I will be posting about this soon on my blog, so I hope you will come over for a visit. :) Congratulations on your handiwork being featured in the craft magazine, that's very exciting! Well, enjoy your sunshine and gardening today, I will be doing the same here in Las Vegas.
    Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been planting in the garden today but am very behind! Well done for making it into another magazine, that's great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh might have to get my hands onn that mag!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the mag entry. Will look out for it though rarely buy knitting mags. I can only do knit and purl and make up any 'pattern' as I go along. Perhaps another of my resolutions is to learn somemore knitting stitches.....
    Late Happy Blog Birthday to you. Doesn't time fly!
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please could you tell me where you got your pattern from for the Strawberries and Cream teacosy. I am trying to knit it at the moment and I am having a lot of problems with the pattern Thanks H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello brooksie, I couldn't find a way to contact you, but the Strawberries and Cream Tea Cosy pattern is in May's Knitting magazine. Thanks for dropping in! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete