Friday, 26 June 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar


We have lots and lots of very, very hungry caterpillars!!

I wish they would go and find some cherry pie and salami and leave my once rain-bejewelled broccoli leaves alone!! Apologies, but Eric Carle's book was a firm favourite with my children and has left a lasting impression! I think that my daughter, who'll be 16 this year, would still list it amongst her favourite books, alongside The Tiger that came to Tea and Jill Murphy's stories about the Large family!! Oh, how we loved sharing those books!

On the opposite side of the garden...

the pretty, light-scented ballerina rose gives its best performance! Every year, despite our best soapy water efforts, it is absolutely riddled with greenfly but always flowers its little heart out! My parents gave the rose to my daughter around 11 years ago to celebrate the opening night of her very first ballet show - I always think what a lovely idea it was and such a perfect example of how to give flowers that last!!

Bye for now,

Rebecca

x

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for my award. I have passed it on to some others but it is so hard to choose isn't it?
    I will be popping back oftern to visit!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the tiger that came to tea - how I remember it well, & the hungry catapiller, not sure about the Large family tho. But as it was from my early reading adays as I don't have littleuns I think I can be forgiven for not remembering?!
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see I am not alone in being ravaged by caterpillars!!!! x

    ReplyDelete