Saturday, 19 June 2010

Where's the sunshine?

As there a is distinct lack of sunshine outside today, I thought I would post a couple of sunshiney, yellow photos to brighten things up a little! After lots of delicious purple sprouting broccoli, we have enjoyed these pretty yellow broccoli flowers, which are almost at an end now:

The bees have loved them, but I think any remaining flowers will be gone by the end of today because it's so windy...and it's chilly too! However, that's not a bad thing, as it means that we shall be able to pull up the rather large broccoli plants to make way for some more salad, which seems to be coming along nicely now in other parts of our small veg plot.

I shall definitely be planting some more rocket, which we've used lots of this week in salads... and I love it in an egg mayo sandwich as an alternative to watercress!

Time for lunch...

Back soon,

Rebecca
x

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen broccoli flowers! Lovely color! Your sandwich looks very yummy...enjoy your lunch. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, that looks yummy! I hope the sun comes out and warms up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen broccoli in flower either, very pretty. The weather has been teasing us here with patches of warm sunshine, only to be quickly followed by it being cold and windy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That egg sarnie looks yummy. I didn't know brocolli flowered!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love broccoli flowers and have used them as cut flowers in the house one easter! So pretty. Mmm Egg and Rocket mmmm!!
    CKx

    ReplyDelete