Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Proud & Smiling

At the beginning of May I taught my 9 year old niece, who lives on the Sussex coast, how to knit. We began with my very simple egg cosy topped with a pom pom - she seemed to grasp it really well and has been knitting ever since!

This morning I received such a lovely surprise in the post...a knitted lavender pillow accompanied by a handwritten letter from my niece! I am so touched, especially as it is her own adaptation of the egg cosy pattern...I shall treasure it!

I think that her knitting has come on beautifully and I love receiving handwritten letters because, as you know, I'm an old-fashioned kind of girl!

Back soon,

Rebecca
(proud & smiling auntie!)
x

10 comments:

  1. Ah! That kind of mail makes a day wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful treasure.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing youngsters learn to knit is good. Seeing them writing letters is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a thoughtful little girl!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca, what a sweet little treasure, you should be proud! Oh if only I could knit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that would make my day!! I still have the little handmade gifts my nieces and nephew made for me as tiny ones. They are all in their twenties now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh but that was soo lovely. I especially love how she spelled Squeeze! Perfect.
    CKx

    ReplyDelete