Friday, 23 October 2009

When will there be broccoli?

Oh, my poor, neglected blog! Where has all the time gone - it's been over 2 weeks since my last post! Well, I am here now...for a few minutes, anyway!

I've been busy finishing off a large wholesale order, which included kilt pins and brooches like these:


Having had quite a good run of sales over the last few weeks, I am busy making more stock and trying to update my various online shops, including a new outlet here. November is going to be quite a busy month with various fairs & markets and, of course, my Learn to Crochet Workshop (see side bar for details - there are still some places left), not to mention thinking about Christmas on a personal level! But I do like to be busy, so I am not complaining!

The nights are drawing in, which I quite like...curtains closed to the world, lamps on...time to snuggle down on the sofa with a hot drink and some crochet or knitting! I love he colours of Autumn! I can see this miniature apple tree from the kitchen window and have watched its leaves change from green to gold to this vibrant russet shade that brightens some the dull days we have been having of late!
There is no doubt that it is easy to see the seasons progressing at a pace by looking at all the changes in the garden and around abouts. However, while some things are changing quickly, others are taking rather longer! Each day I go to the bottom of the garden to our small veg patch and search...and always return to the house asking myself the same question: when will there be broccoli? Despite massive leaves and careful nurturing (you might remember this), there is no sign of any broccoli! It's been in the ground for a year...how long does getting broccoli take? Are we nearly there yet?


Bye for now,

Rebecca
x

4 comments:

  1. Just been catching up wit your posts - you really do make some lovely things and I know just what you mean about buttons and the memories they evoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No brocoli here either just a cabbage white fest! Bother!
    Lovely broaches,
    have a great weekend,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My broccoli was a big fat failure - I love the brooches. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on the Blogs I haven't read in ages... glad you are so busy.... Think it seems to work best if you have lots & lots of shops...? how do you find the time tho...!?
    Marion ;0)

    ReplyDelete