Monday, 26 October 2009

It's beginning to look...and smell...a lot like Christmas!

Over the weekend I have been working on Christmassy things!



These crocheted Christmas pudding earrings will end up here. I am pleased with how they've turned out so shall be making some more to take to Christmas fairs and markets.

On Saturday the house was full of the spicy, vinegary aromas of this apple chutney bubbling away on the stove. By Christmas time, it'll be ready for a chunk of mature cheddar and a slice of home cooked ham...delicious!

And, yesterday, cinnamon and spice wafted from the kitchen as the mincemeat cooked in the oven - mmm, I love Christmassy smells...in fact, I love Christmas!

Back soon,
Rebecca
x

4 comments:

  1. i love the earrings very festive i would imagine quite fiddly to make !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... nearly the end of October, where did that go...?
    So nice to see original handmade things about...
    Marion :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earrings! I think they will be very popular!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog; I'm about to add you to my blog list. I too love buttons and crochet (I've just discovered a lovely book on making crochet edgings which will be fabulous for embellishing fabric book pages).

    ReplyDelete