Saturday, 9 April 2011

BCTF

Last Saturday morning hubby and I arrived in Harrogate to set up for rebeccamaryjane's very first trade fair, a prospect that had been filling me with excitement and fear all at the same time! Here's rebeccamaryjane's stand at the British Craft Trade Fair, small and white...very white infact! I had underestimated how white, and did not imagine that there would be a white carpet as well! However, by mid-afternoon my lovely hubby, aided by 'S' hooks, fishing line and Velcro hook and loop, had helped me turn it into this:

I was pleased with the simplicity of it and how I had managed to display my products, but I learnt a lot and there are definitely things that I would do differently next time.


I had some lovely neighbours in the Newcomers' Gallery, including Stephanie and her gorgeous porcelain and glass made using vintage lace:



and Sarah with her striking display of contemporary jewellery.


It was a very tiring four days, but it was well worth it as I have come away with so much. I have made some new friends, I have put faces to names of Twitter friends, I have orders, enquiries to follow up, ideas to work upon, and lots and lots to think about. It was a very inspiring place to be and I thoroughly enjoyed it...so much so that I have booked to do it all again next year!


Meanwhile, back at home, the jobs have mounted up a little and, now that the sun has started to shine, the garden is calling me! There's so much to do out there, especially as we've been bold by digging up some of the lawn for two large raised beds, which will give us the vegetable growing space that we need. I'd better get on...


Back soon,


Rebecca

x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, glad you had a successful show, BCTF is one I've considered and I'd heard mixed reviews from other designers there about it, so it's great to hear you had a positive experience :) Bet you are exhausted now though, hope you've managed to unwind a little and put your feet up! Have a great rest of your weekend, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! so thats why you took a photo! your stand looked lovely and the buyer interest from very famous establishments (am I allowed to mention them?!) is just proof of that. ...
    Good luck with fulfilling your orders but try to enjoy our fleeting sunshine while you can x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on doing your first trade fair :) Looks like a lot of fun, and great that you got so much out of doing it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first event. I'm not surprised it was tiring. I hope it brings long term benefits (and lots of orders)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in to say hello - hope you are keeping up with the gardening in this fine weather!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete