Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Must try harder...

I really must try harder with blogging! Yet again, it's been more than a week since last my last post - where does all the time go? Note to self: "Be more organised"

I didn't make it to the auction last week - something to do with us waking up late, which always seems to happen here at the end of the holidays! However, I did make it to a fleamarket, where I found these lovely Anchor tapisserie wools and embroidery threads for 10p each!

After brief blurry moments at Christmas, my camera has now given up completely so I had to use our old Canon digital camera to take the above picture. When I say old, I mean one of the first digital cameras - it takes great photos (if you take time to tweek all its settings) but its battery only lasts five minutes and it's huge to carry around. I've been looking at new cameras but there are so many, I just cannot choose - megapixels, optical zoom, memory, this battery, that battery - I just want to point and shoot to capture the moment and take appealing pictures of things that I make!

I wonder what will be next - these things usually come in threes in this house. The lawn mower went out with a bang just before Easter - well, it was more of a whine, actually, with a couple of bits flying off mid cut and a puff of smoke!! Hubby always listens to his MP3 when mowing and, apparently, the mower went out to "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon - I can't hear that song now without thinking "Lawn mower's on fire"!!
Well, I must get back to the kitchen to bake cakes and flapjack as all the tins are empty and that just won't do! Let's just hope it's not the Kenwood next!
Bye for now, x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...
    I know it's hard trying to keep up to date with a blog....!!? Who has the time ...? if it helps.. just download a picture or two rather than thinking up text.. or a story etc...
    Nice to know your hubby can multi task listening to music & mowing lawn impressive...eh!?
    Marion ;0)

    ReplyDelete