Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Flea market finds

Today is flea market day, which means that I shall be taking a wander round the stalls at lunchtime.  Last week I found so many lovely things, I could hardly believe it...and all for a grand total of £5.60!


Old books, crochet cottons, vintage buttons & snap fasteners...I'm in heaven! A vintage embroidered table cloth for 25p - it has a huge hole in the middle, but I'm not worried about that as it will be used to make more handbag mirrors or magnets.  An enormous pillow case with a beautiful crocheted edging, also for 25p.  I usually end up paying a lot more for vintage linens like these so you can imagine my delight!


Two pressed glass bowls at 20p each.  There was a lovely pale blue one too, but it was damaged so I shall be on the look out for another one of those - I wonder if there are other colours too...green perhaps?  I found one lonely etched glass (20p) and this has now joined some others of the same design in our glass cabinet ready for when we next "pass the port"! A very grubby coffee cup in a box full of crockery grabbed my attention...I love Portmerion Botanic Garden and thank heavens for dishwashers!

As you will see, there are a lot of flowers amongst my finds:


I love these old books with floral designs on the front - this one is from the pansy series.  I've been crocheting pansies too using one the crochet cottons that I bought for 50p.


So much for so little...I wonder what I will find today?

Rebecca
x

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous finds. You are so so lucky ot have such a wonderful flea market near you. I love old linens and buy them whenever I can (I make cushions and lavender bags if I can bear to cut them up!) I love pressed glass too and yes I have some in blue, green and amber, including 1950s dressing table sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bunch you found!! I particularly love the crochet cottons. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete