Friday, 28 May 2010

Quick catch up & I'm off to Wentworth

It's been a busy few weeks...

I've been rummaging for vintage bits and pieces in charity shops, where I found, amongst other things, a delightful pattern booklet entitled "Senior Knitteds - For the rich in years", which includes this pattern for knitted kneecaps!

I've been making hearts using vintage linens, lace, mother of pearl buttons and filled with lavender from my neighbour's garden




I've been preparing for some new workshops and working on my website




My school art clubs have been keeping me out of mischief...


we had lots of fun with salt dough a couple of weeks ago!


I've been enjoying time in the garden...planting, pruning, relaxing, sewing, crocheting...



and picking a few of my favourite flowers for the mantelpiece...buttercups, bluebells, lily of the valley and some of the pink hardy geranium that is beginning to flower near the pond. I am always amazed at the wonderful scent that comes from those tiny, almost ball-like lily of the valley flowers - gorgeous!

And, at the moment, I am preparing for a craft fair in Wentworth on Bank Holiday Monday - more details of which can be found here - I shall be in The Rockingham Arms Barn. I'm looking forward to it and hoping that it will be more successful than the Saltaire fair, where I only just about covered my stall fee! If you're nearby, why not pop along and say "hello" - it would be lovely to see you!
Back soon,
Rebecca
x

2 comments:

  1. You seem really a busy bee!
    Love your mantelpiece flowers.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a very busy bee, Rebecca.
    Might pop along to see you at the Craft Fair, hope it is more successful for you than the Saltaire one.

    ReplyDelete